10.26.2009

Book and Movie Review: The Time Traveler's Wife

All summer long, I highly anticipated the release of "The Time Traveler's Wife" in theaters. I absolutely love Rachel McAdams and could not wait to see her latest flick. I saw the movie the night it came out in theaters and cried through the last half of the movie. Her performance was fantastic. It made me realize that it wasn't "The Notebook's" story that I loved so much, it was the way she was able to fully embody her character. I was captivated by the movie and would recommend it to anyone. I saw it twice in theaters and for whatever reason, haven't stopped thinking about it since.

Early last week I bought the book and couldn't put it down. I read it after work for hours and finished it on Sunday. Like most books made into movies, the book is very different from the movie. However, this might be the first time I've ever agreed with the changes. I definitely felt they cleaned up the story line of the book to make the movie appeal to a larger audience. Henry in the movie is actually a much more likable character than the Henry in the book. Regardless,
if you haven't seen the movie or read the book, I highly recommend them both. They will definitely leave you wanting more...


No comments:

Post a Comment