10.08.2009

Spiritual Encouragement in Charlotte



As many of you know, Andy and I moved to Charlotte at the beginning of this June. We lived in Charlotte last summer but this time around it has been a completely different experience. I haven't been homesick, I have been incredibly encouraged, and I truly feel welcome by the Charlotteans or other transplants.

Recently, Andy and I have been discussing how we feel that Charlotte has just been so spiritually encouraging for us. I'm not sure if its the amazing church we started attending a few months ago, the awesome Christian radio station we listen to every morning during our commutes, or the young married couples Bible study we're really excited about. For whatever reason, I just feel Christ in this city and am excited about watching Him move.


Elevation Church was only the second church we went to in Charlotte but we just felt God calling us to stay there. We had fully intended to church hop some more, but we were mesmerized by the awesome live worship band, full blown graphics campaigns to go along with the series' sermon, and Pastor Steven Furtick's amazing combination of contemporary verbiage and examples with very traditional messages and scriptures.

Our biggest complaint about contemporary churches is the fact that they water down the Bible or the messages. However, that is definitely not the case at this church. Pastor Steven's sermons are spot-on and fully keep your attention. If you really want to be blown away, WATCH HIS SERMONS. The series that Andy and I have personally liked the best so far are Intervention, GIVE ME FAITH, and Student Takeover. I would love to hear your comments on what this amazing pastor is doing in this city. http://www.elevationchurch.org/archive

In the mornings I have been listening to Charlotte's New Life 91.9 radio station and every single day I am encouraged. It's not only the show hosts, but it's the stories of people calling in that give me chill bumps or put tears in my eyes. I listen to the music, I hear the stories, and I thank God for all my blessings and that I am His child. http://www.newlife919.com/

God is truly doing amazing things in this city and I am so glad to be here to experience it.


**************





No comments:

Post a Comment