5.25.2009

Colosseum and Roman Forum

I am still not able to grasp the fact that I am seeing all of these amazingly famous places with my own eyes. I wish that I was able to share these experiences with Andy because I know it would just blow his mind and we could enjoy the city together.

The Colosseum was really cool. I got to take a lot of pictures there. Again, it was so surreal to think I was actually there. Maybe it will all hit me once I get home. 

We also went to the Roman Forum which I loved. There were so many neat ruins and good angles for pictures that I was so glad we go to see that too. It was incredibly hot today so that made it a little draining but very fun.

We also saw the Festival of Champions, a pre-celebration for the football (soccer) finals in Rome on Wednesday. I got a jersey for Andy, a team picture of all the players of Manchester United with their signatures on the back which they were handing out, and a picture of the big trophy.

We decided to take a taxi home from the airport which I was really happy about even though it was a bit expensive. I was really concerned about us taking buses since we weren't really sure how long it would take and our exact route to get home. 

I feel so good that the trip I planned went so smoothly. I was so nervous and anxious before we left because I really wasn't sure what to expect  but I absolutely loved Rome and would love to take a longer tour of Italy one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment