5.28.2009

Kew Gardens and Westfield Mall

Today our group went to Kew Gardens which I personally loved because I love taking pictures of nature. I love being away from all of the big skyscrapers and seeing all of the pretty flowers and landscape. I did think that the gardens I saw at the Biltmore last summer were comparable to Kew Gardens. In fact there was one place today that I'm pretty sure I could've taken a picture and you would've thought it was the same garden. I really liked the trip and was pleased with the opportunity to look around and take pictures.

After Kew Gardens Jen, Dailey, and I went to Westfield Mall which opened just before Christmas and is considered very controversial. London has mostly local shops and specialty stores and this is their first ever mall and it is hurting a lot of local business owners. It had really high end stores but also had more affordable stores too. Westfield was very modern and enormous. I have honestly never been in a mall that nice and that big before in my whole life so it will be interesting to see how locals continue to respond to it. I know for us as Americans it's ridiculous to think that they didn't have malls before that but honestly it's nice going into individual unique stores in London and the surrounding areas.

I can't believe that I'm actually going to be in Paris tomorrow. I have been waiting my whole life to see Paris and I can't believe that moment has almost arrived. I honestly can't believe it's here. I pray that it will not let me down and that it will live up to my high expectations. Lord keep me safe and keep it fun in Paris!!

Tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment