5.27.2009

Stonehenge

Stonehenge was definitely as impressive as I've always imagined it to be. However, it was absolutely miserable weather while we were there but I was still able to keep my good spirits despite the weather conditions. The countryside surrounding the stones were also beautiful. I've always been obsessed with beautiful landscapes and seeing these magnificent stones was absolutely unbelievable for me.

I found the day to be incredibly relaxing because after we went to Stonehenge we went to Bath to see the Roman Baths. However, since I had just gotten back from Rome it was hard to be impressed by these Roman ruins. I did find the town of Bath to be quite charming because it was much quieter than the exciting and fast paced London. The architecture was very lovely and the surrounding area had mostly small local shops, restaurants, and hotels. Bath is considered to be a suburb of London although it would be one hell of a commute (2 hours) to the city by train.

I spent a good portion of my day on the bus so I was able to get caught up on a much needed nap! It was my first one since my European vacation began.

Tata for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment