5.21.2009

Museum Day

Today we went to four different museums and I was absolutely exhausted by the end of it. I definitely wish they had been a little bit more spread out because I think I would have enjoyed them more if they had been.

I really enjoyed the National Portrait Gallery which had pictures of kings and queens, writers, scientists, and even present day Harry Potter stars. I liked looking around and seeing how the styles changed over the centuries.

The National Gallery was amazing because it had artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Claude Monet, Picasso, and many more. I have to admit that Monet is definitely my favorite and that I really liked his paintings: one of snowy streets, a pebbled beach with moutains, and the Thames River below Westminster Abby.

The British Museum had the Rosetta Stone and some insanely old mummies. I didn't enjoy this tour as much because the tour guide was rather boring and I would have preferred to have been able to look at rooms on my own.

The British Library had the Guttenberg Bible, the Magna Carta, some of Shakespeare's original printings, and some stuff from the Beatles. They had a special exhibit room when you first walked it showcasing all of these items but you weren't allowed to take pictures.

Today has been very emotionally difficult. I'm exhausted and feeling extremely home sick and out of comfort zone. I have panic attacks at the thought of getting lost but we've been lost here at least five times a day and I can barely stand it. I hope the longer I am here the easier it will be to adjust but I really miss Andy and the family. I know it will be a growing experience but it has been really challenging/scary at the same time.

Goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment