5.31.2009

Llueve, Orsay Museum, and Final Day in Paris

I have always dreamed of going to Paris and I finally got to go. I would definitely say I was able to see everything I wanted to for a weekend trip. I really loved the look of the city and how truly romantic everything was. I can't wait to share that experience with Andy one day. I feel so blessed and so glad that I was able to go. Paris definitely didn't let me down for all of my years of expectations.

Today we went to the Llueve and saw the Mona Lisa. It is definitely still in really good condition and I had to fight my way to the front of it to be able to take a picture. The Llueve is actually a palace that has been converted into a museum and it's absolutely beautiful and each room really goes with the theme of the exhibit. For example in the Ancient Rome room with Borghese sculptures there were extremely elaborate ceilings with gold and 3-D sculptures popping out there were very over dramatic and similar to the architectural style I saw while in Rome.






I really enjoyed seeing Napoleon's apartment which was so much more magnificent than I was expecting. There were chandeliers everywhere and just extravagant and beautiful room after another. It was definitely worth seeing in the Llueve.




I left the Llueve early to see the Orsay Museum and to their insane Impressionist collection. I have never seen so many paintings that I recognize in one room in my entire life. It was definitely the highest point of my entire life as far as art cultural experiences go. They had Monet, Degas, Whistler, Pisarro Sicily, Renoir, Van Gogh and so many others. I was so glad that I was able to go in and have an hour to see the paintings because it was truly amazing to be in the same with them.














Paris treated me extremely well and I cannot wait to go back. The people were not the kindest but the city was absolutely everything I could've hoped for.

I am ready to begin my final week and prepare for heading home to my wonderful husband in Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment