5.19.2009

First Impressions of London

Yesterday I left for an overnight flight for London. I have arrived in the grand city of London, had tea, gotten lost, ridden the tube, gone on a walk with my home-stay mother and roommates to see a fabulous view of the city, and took pictures in front of Buckingham Palace all in one day. 

Earlier today I  was overwhelmed with culture sh0ck. The hustle and bustle of the busy city  made me wonder if I would be able to survive for three weeks.  But since we got lost for about an hour I was cured of that fear since it had already happened.

The clothes, faces, and people seem so different to me and they way they interact seems very different also. There were a few couples on the way to the Tube that I found particularly charming and few that were very hard to read whether they were even a couple. It is very difficult to read their body language and what it means in their personal relationships.

There are people everywhere and it is a lot more to take in then I realized. Today started out nerve wracking  and ending up being really fun once I got my bearings. Tata for now...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment