5.30.2009

Notre Dame, Arc De Triomphe, Eiffel Tower....









Today was a perfect day spent in Paris. I absolutely couldn't imagine spending it any other way under these circumstances (2 1/2 days on a school trip). First, I slept in and then visited the Notre Dame Cathedral. It was very beautiful on the outside and the best part about the inside was definitely the stained glass windows. I also snuck in a few pictures of the gargoyles on the roof. After we left the cathedral I had the most wonderful banana and chocolate crepe for lunch just right around the corner from the exit. I mean it was honestly one of the best things I've ever eaten.






After that we went to Lafayette Galleria which is like a Nordstrom or Saks on crack. It was the most beautiful department store I have ever seen and it felt like it was never ending. You could literally spend an entire day in just that store if you wanted. I bought some Marc Jacobs perfume because I really wanted to have a new fragrance that I bought in Paris. Dailey and I walked around for a long time because they had a lot of really amazing stuff and it was so pretty on this inside with every designer on the planet with skinny TV screens of models walking down the runway (as if I'm not intimidated enough to go in their section, seeing models wearing the clothes doesn't exactly help your self esteem).



Once Dailey and I were able to escape from our need to walk around beautiful clothes we headed back to the hotel and grabbed some dinner on our way to the Arc de Triomphe which has the most amazing view of the city at dusk. I was able to get some amazing pictures of the Eiffel Tower and the rest of the city with the sunset in the background.






After that we ran to the metro to go over to the Eiffel Tower and went up to the second floor. I was kind of bummed because we weren't able to go all the way to the top but I'm glad because it will be something special I can do with Andy. We went at 11p.m. so the city was all lit up and it was everything I wanted it to be.


It was the perfect day in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment